We're Cambridge Property Lettings. Put simply that's who we are, where we are and what we do.
Letting a property is not easy, particularly if you are a first time landlord. The first hurdle is deciding if it is a good idea to let out your property, and then how to go about it. We are here to advise and guide you along with our professional knowledge and years of experience in the Cambridge property scene. Questions you might find yourself asking:
- How much income can I expect from letting my property? - we can give you a free property valuation, and talk you through roughly what to expect with regard to regular and potential costs.
- How can I maximise my return? - we can make suggestions of ways in which your property could be optimised for letting.
- What about all the Government regulations? These are numerous, change frequently and can be a trip hazard to unsuspecting landlords. We can advise you what is required to make your property compliant and, if you choose our full management package, we can ensure everything necessary is carried out for you.
- Will I need new curtains? Probably not...but we can give you some hints about how to present your property to attract tenants, and, if you'd prefer someone else to have all the hassle, we can do it for you.
- What kind of tenants should I be looking for? We can advise you if your property is most likely to attract families, students or professional sharers and help you find the most suitable tenants for your property.
- Aren't letting agents an expensive waste of money? Guess you wouldn't want to ask this one face to face, so thought we'd put it here! Of course it is entirely your choice if you decide to manage letting your property yourself, but do bear in mind there is more to it than meets the eye. You pay us to take the hassle, and free up time for you to do other, more interesting things.
This is a big advantage of using a letting agent like us. If you become a Cambridge Property Lettings landlord, your property will be seen by a worldwide audience of tenants searching for a home in Cambridge. Our marketing includes:
- Our Cambridge Property Lettings website, modern, attractive and easily accessible on all devices
- Floor plans and energy performance certificates for your property
- Presentation advice - we can even arrange for a professional interior designer to enhance the decor of your property to attract more potential tenants.
- Special professional photography package available.
- Property portals such as 'Rightmove' and 'Zoopla'.
- Social media such as Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter
- Our centrally located Cambridge office, in the unusual and memorable setting of the renovated 1920's 'Rose & Crown' pub.
- Eye catching 'To Let' boards
- Daily email updates to potential tenants
- Full colour property brochures
- Sponsorship of the annual Cambridge Half Marathon, which in 2017 had 9,000 participants and hundreds of spectators.
- This starts with finding the best tenants for your property. All viewings are conducted by an experienced staff member who is on the look out for tenants who will be happy and helpful living in your home.
- We then handle all communications with tenants. Not only does this free up your time, it spares everyone the 'embarrassment factor' when more difficult things need to be said. If you don't want the task of advising your tenants they need to clean the bathroom more often, or if tenants want to complain about dripping taps or squeaky mattresses, we are here to be the neutral 'middle person'.
- We handle all the administration. From arranging the signing by all parties of the individually tailored tenancy agreement to registration of the deposit and preparation of the move-in financial statement (and plenty more besides) there is piles of paperwork that.....you'd probably rather leave to us.
- We check your property is fully compliant with current guidelines. This includes arranging gas, electrical, portable appliance and legionella safety checks and, where applicable, certificate and requirements of HMO (House in Multiple Occupation)
- We collect the rent. We are proud that in five years we have collected 100% of all rent owing.
- We manage the check out when tenants leave. This involves a careful inspection of the property, ensuring all rent due is paid and dealing with return of the deposit.
- We manage voids: managing voids is vital to ensure the best possible return. To minimise this time we plan the period between tenancies with utmost care by booking in cleaners, decorators, gardeners and inventory clerks well in advance to ensure the speediest, smoothest handover.
A well maintained property enhances your investment and produces a better regular income from happier tenants. We take the hassle so you can relax confident your property is in experienced hands. So if you don't want to know your tenant has no hot water at 9am on a Sunday morning, leave it to us.
Cambridge Property Lettings provide:
- 24/7 callout service
- Online maintenance reporting for tenants
- Prompt action taken in response to day-to-day problems
- Approved and certified contractors
- Regular property inspections and detailed reports for landlords
Our landlords are all assigned a dedicated property manager as their point of contact. We provide:
- Regular inspection reports advising of how your property is being cared if and any obvious maintenance issues.
- Monthly financial statement
- Annual Review of your property or portfolio
- Annual property report -a detailed report reflecting the condition of the property and what work you might need to budget for during the next two years based on our experience as property managers.
- Landlord portal - this gives you instant access to all invoices, statements, payment and maintenance history and rent status. You can also download Profit & Loss and Self-Assessment Reports to assist you in preparing your tax return.
Take the next step to stress-free property ownership Call Jeremy Liming
Jeremy Liming MARLA